Energy Efficient New Home Tax Credit (45L Federal Tax Credits) EXTENDED
ConSol can help you enhance your dollars spent on energy efficiency through rebates, incentives and credits. ConSol reviews all utility programs and tax credits to reduce the building owner’s capital expenditure. Federal Tax Credits can help you realize up to $2000/unit for above code homes (45L) and up to $1.80 per square foot for energy efficient new buildings (179D). ConSol can assist the builder or building owner in qualifying for these rebates and/or credits by providing the analysis, collecting the necessary paperwork, performing inspections and completing the documentation.
The amount of the tax credit is $2,000 per dwelling unit.
The following products qualify:
- Single family dwellings
- Multi-family for sale or lease three stories or less above grade
- Apartments, three stories or less above grade
- Each unit must be at least 50% above the 2006 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC). (California Title 24 is already significantly above IECC.)
- Units must be completed and sold or leased after Jan 1, 2009 but before Dec. 31, 2013.
- Features verified by certified HERS rater
For more detailed information
Federal Tax Credit (FTC) - Tax Form 8908
IRS Notice 2006-27
For More Information